From: terre <tobytrot@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Talking to FEI vets

Re: the rider 'talking' to the FEI vets

At PACs/WECs, etc it is not the rider who presents the horse for vetting,
it is the groom.  The vets do, in fact, speak to the groom; ask questions
and make recommendations--it's not as grim as it sounds.  The "no talking
to the vet" rule is intended to discourage ARGUING with the vet; the vets
usually initiate a little conversation, and the groom responds.  I've had
an FEI vet point out scurffy skin in the girth area and recommend
vaseline--stuff like that.

Bear in mind that the riders have their very own team veterinarian to
discuss all their issues with; THAT vet is dedicated to helping them get
thru the ride (not controlling the ride), and is probably somewhat familiar

with the horse anyway.

So the reality of FEI rides is not as "mechanical" and cold as it sounds on

the surface.

terre

information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to
receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.