[RC] Truck Costs - nina bomar

After reading all the interesting posts on the variety of endurance trucks (i.e....make, model, year, engine size, 4x4, dually, 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, 1 ton and few oddities that were thrown in ), I was wondering how the cost of the truck was factored in when making your purchase?  Did ya'll start off with a set budget, which you were willing to spend or did you just know exactly what truck you wanted buy and purchased it regardless of the price tag?  I started out with a plan to buy a new truck that would pull my 2 horse w/dressing room (bumper pull).  My original plan was for a 3/4 ton basic truck and I knew I wanted diesel.  Now the plan has grown exponentially to include 1 ton, 4x4, dually......  It's crazy how I now want to have the best, the newest, the strongest and of course the prettiest... you get my drift!!  I am now waiting for the 2004 model Dodge 1 ton dually 6 speed to come available here in California, so that I can be sure to have the right tranny.  OMG this is insane. Nina Bomar