Re: [RC] protests - Heidi Smith

>I hope I never become so jaded as not to be shocked and angered over a horse's death.
Melanie, it isn't about being jaded.  It is about getting past it and making it mean something to the next one. In response to the above, I hope to heck I never get so caught up in the shock and the anger that I can't use the lesson to prevent there being another victim.  Shock and anger are self-serving--they do nothing at all for the victim.  But learning from the incident can prevent it from happening again, and again, and again.  THAT, Melanie, is the important thing here, no matter how "good" it feels to be shocked and angry.

Heidi