Re: [RC] Education - Sundaez

In a message dated 8/23/2003 8:42:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

But if all that was accomplished was anger and shock and horror a year later on RC when the protest is finalized, then we haven't learned a bloody thing, and the next one will die, too.

Short of doing a Psyche eval on the riders, what do you suggest? This isn't about education...it is about those who don't care and have some character issues.

The subject may be old and tiresome to you...but I am in this sport just over a year and was shocked to see horse's dying. It is news to me so forgive my emotionality.

What am I personally doing abut it? I am riding slow...and I mean slow. I have a new appreciation of the vulnerability of the horse...and I share it with other new riders. That's all I can do...I can't stop someone who is in this sport for reasons beyond what it seems on the surface...

Melanie