Re: [RC] Re:Protests - Heidi Smith

>Here is where I think the AERC is remiss - especially since one of it's stated functions is education. Education is best done at the regional and local levels. Why isn't the AERC pushing for regional and local organizations to develop educational programs, put on clinics, etc.

The AERC is us.  The regional and local organizations are also made up of us.  So really, your statement is that "we" should push "us" to do something.  As you have pointed out in other posts, Truman, "we" have pushed "us" to do something regionally and locally in several parts of the country--including SERA where you live and PNER where I live.  We are the same people, even though our regional groups are separate entities from AERC.

Again, as I replied to Kim, who pointed out that the information is out there--how do we reach the impervious ones?  That was really my question.  And it may be a rhetorical one.

I wonder sometimes if we are so used to people who DO care that we don't step in soon enough when someone obviously doesn't.

Heidi