Re: [RC] Re:Protests - Heidi Smith

>There was so much more that didn't come out in the protest...

That may well be.  But the bottom line here is that the protest process WORKS.  We can all gasp or be horrified or whatever after the fact--but while we can't make perfect people, we CAN make a process that works--and we have.

When I read the original post about how shocked the original poster was after reading the protests, I picked up my EN, which I had not yet had time to read, and went straight to the protest section.  I came away with a different feeling altogether--my feeling was that our grievance process is functioning as it should.  Hallelujah.

Next question--while I don't sympathize much with the lady in question, she does make a valid point.  How do we educate people like her BEFORE the damage is done?  Perhaps we should be dwelling on that one a little more and on our horror over what can no longer be helped just a little less.  Just my nickel's worth....

Heidi