Re: [RC] Re:Protests - Sundaez

In a message dated 8/22/2003 4:06:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Yes it was tragic but there were plenty of chances to keep this from potentially happening. First backing off and finding out why the horse thumped the first time he thumped. Thumping is a serious metabolic issue. Second Getting the horse ready to run fast after the thumping problem had been solved. Third, if your horse crashes ( and being pulled at the finish line for metabolic problems is crashing) get it treatment and stay with him so if he regresses you are there to get him additional treatment.

There was so much more that didn't come out in the protest...I SAW her hand the horse off to her boyfriend (who knew nothing about horses) and cry because she got pulled. Never mind that the horse was sick. I saw the horse thumping....hard. I had never seen a horse thump...this was my second ride! She TOLD me she was going to go fast because there was MONEY at stake.

I KNEW the horse was very sick and had next to nothing in experience. I saw the horse at a previous ride and was concerned for him then...even writing an email about crashing and thumps...yet  still he was over ridden. This horse was running top ten with a novice rider in his first year of endurance and had prior metabolic problems. How many more red flags does there need to be??????

Sorry but I get ripping mad every time I think of what happened to Snoberry Bey...a beautiful grey horse that liked to run....and paid for it with his life.

Melanie