Re: [RC] Re:Protests - Truman Prevatt

Howard Bramhall wrote:
Amen

As far as IV's go, I wish we riders would get rid of this negative stereotype that we have put on this treatment that might not be such a bad idea for every horse that finishes 50 or 100 miles.  It can and, has been used for horses that were not necessarily in "trouble."  I'd much rather see a horse on an IV than one lying on the ground not breathing any longer.  I'd venture to say that 95% of all horses that complete more than 50 miles on a hot humid day at an endurance ride are dehydrated.  If it wouldn't draw such a crowd and I could do it myself I'd give it to my guys after every ride.

cya,
Howard