[RC] catching tack - DreamWeaver

I think that the cage type stirrups look to be something more inclined to
catch on things while riding that most tack, yet I do see a lot of them on
the trail. Anyone have problems with them??

yes, I've had two sets of them and tore them both up. If you are riding thru heavily treed areas with branches and brush, they can be a hazard. I might use some that were designed with a solid front and not a grid pattern. Lots of people do ride in them tho, I figure they just don't ride in places that I go. Most endurance rides are on trails that are different than rough country so it probably doesn't come up, and many people stick to roads or established trails. (Boring!)

Jonni, you would have laughed your head off at us tonight -- I was out on the trail riding Weaver and he started shaking his head, I assume from bugs. I asked him to stop and he did, then he put his head down as if to itch on his front leg, then turned it back around towards my knee and next thing you know there he was itching the top of his poll with his hind hoof -- with me on him!!!! I was thinking of all of the dangerous tack items mentioned on ridecamp of late and all I could think is oh no MY REINS ARE GOING TO GET CAUGHT! lol (and, they didn't, he has spent enough time living on a hi-tie to know how to scratch an itch without getting caught).

See you soon,

Karen
& Weaver :-)