Re: [RC] Using breast collars on flat trails... - Stephanie E Caldwell

>>Yeah, but if horse had had a breastcollar, don't you think the saddle would not have been pulled under her belly?
Honestly, I think that the same thing would have happend, but the horse would have been hurt. For months after this accident haunted me, it was my first major equine wreck. I still remember the moment as she bucked and twisted, catching the saddle on the top metal pipe of the panel, she put a huge crease in the RP panel. If she'd had a breastcollar it probably would have injured her shoulders and popped the hardware off the breastcollar because of the force she put into it.

But, who knows, honestly I hope to never find out. My horse is despooked to saddles under her belly. Somehow, living with a dumb blonde does more to despook my horse than anything, many friends are horrified at some of the stupid things I do often with Star. Worst of my habits is forgetting something in my tack room, being too lazy to make a ton of trips and just taking a naked horse in the tack room to get her ready to ride. Then having to back her out of my skinny tack room fully tacked. I have a raelly good horse...

Setph