[RC] Wintec Gullets - Benedikte Whitman

If you have a garage press, that works really well.  A press (if anyone is
wondering) is a device that screws two large plates together to hold items
tightly.  You put the middle of the gullet centered between the two plates
and then start screwing the press together.  This way it is very precise
and the gullet spreads evenly in both directions.  If you wrap the gullet
in a towel first, you should not even mar the paint.

I have extra wide (white) gullets that I do this to for my horse.  In
fact, when I got the first gullet just right, I permanently marked an
outline of it, so I can make subsequent ones exactly the same.  The other
thing you can do with a press if you need, is to make it smaller again if
you made it too wide or have a different horse later.  It helps to have a
"gear head" in the family who has that piece of equipment.
Benedikte

Take out your x-tra wide gullet plate, put it on an anvil and hit it with
the heavy hammer until it is the width you need. When we sell a saddle, we
fit it to the horse including putting in the right size gullet plate. Since
new saddles all have a medium plate, we acquired quite a few medium gullet
plates. Almost all of our own saddles have modified medium plates in them.
      >Libby
PS. If you don't like that solution, I will ask the wintec representative
at the trade show this weekend about x-tra, x-tra wides.