Re: [RC] Redwood Ride At Orick - EnduroCowgirl101

This ride is spectacular. I live in Eureka and have gone to all the Redwood rides for the past 4 years now.  I have done the LD and 50. The LD starts at the trailhead but this past winter, there was a tree that fell on one of the plastic bridges that you cross on the Elam Camp trail so we can't use that trail anymore. So... I'm not sure what the trail is going to be like. Did you ever pass an outhouse? That will be on the 3 hour loop. There are some logging roads but those take you to the vet check.

This ride is challenging with some long climbs, but if you don't push your horse, you will do fine. There is s a lot of water with a few creeks that you have to cross.

About the elk... Where we camp is in the rodeo grounds and that is where they sleep and then they come out onto the river bar during the morning to soak up the morning rays. There have been reports of bears but I have never seen any after 4 years of riding up there.

Redwood National Park (where the ride is) is also home to the biggest redwood in the world. Just a fun little fact. :-)

Hope to see ya there.
Megan