[RC] Redwood Ride At Orick - rackinfool

I just have to pass this along. I just returned from four days camping in the Calif. Redwoods at both Crescent City and in Orick.

I was planning to go camping with a few friends up near Florence, Or. on the 6-9th of August at Cape Mountain.

After going down to Orick, and riding in those redwoods, I am in love! That was the most beautiful place to ride I have ever been.

I liked it so much more than the Redwoods at Crescent City. Much bigger trees, more lush ferns and just seemed more like being in a rain forest.

We camped at the rodeo Grounds for the night and rode about 20 miles of trail.

I don't know where the actual LD ride that I will enter is at, but what we did ride was just pure heaven. There was a HUGE herd of Elk at the river just being lazy and they were still there being lazy on the way back to our rig.

So, now I am going to cancel my plans with my buddies to camp in Florence and entering both of my horses in the Redwood LD.

If any of you are near and have not done this event, I say, drop everything and don't miss out on such a lovely place to ride.

It ain't gonna be a piece of cake like I thought, lots of challenges but more than anything, is the serene soul drenching feeling of those big trees.

I would like if anyone has done the LD if you could tell me where it goes. We started at the Trailhead, took the trails to  Elam horse camp, down to the river, east for a few miles and then back and took the lower three hour loop back to the trailhead. I thought that there were some logging roads on this ride as well, but we didn't come across any of them.

The weather was glorious! After sweltering in 107 degrees for weeks now, the cool ocean breezes and the smell of the Redwoods and ferns was heaven sent.

See ya there!
amber

---