Re: [RC] Wintec Endurance Saddle - DESERTRYDR1

I have 4 Wintecs.  The Sport Dressage, the 2000 Dressage, the Pro Endurance
w/CAIR & Adjustable Gullet, and the Pro Dressage w/CAIR and Adjustable Gullet.
The one I like the least is the Endurance, because it puts you in a chair
seat.  The panels flip up in back, so there is only as much contact as your
horse's back will permit.  It fits lots of different horses, and definitely get
the
CAIR and Adjustable Gullet options if you go with the Wintec.  All that
aside, I can't get used to the chair seat.  I do use it for riding colts, as
the
chair sat is a bit more secure than a proper feet-under-you seat for that.

But if I didn't always feel like selling a saddle is pretty near to a mortal
sin (as soon as you sell it, you end up with a horse it would have worked
perfectly with, besides, it's the cowboy savings account) I'd probably sell it.

It is a very well made saddle, and the "v" girthing system makes it even more
adjustable.  My advice would be to find one to try on at least a long trail
ride at all different speeds before you buy one.  I definitely like my Pro
Dressage, and with a cantle pack I can carry lots of stuff.  I have packed
enough
stuff for a 50 on it with no problem.  The extra Dee rings on the Endurance
model aren't that big a deal.  If you were close to me, I'd let you take mine
out,
as long as I got to come along for the ride.  I'm in Eastern WA.  jeri