Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 12:54 AM
Subject: [RC] racing too young/ was Racetrack trainer CA

I hear rumors that some of the middle east countries will pay big bucks for
some of our proven endurance horses...especially mares that they can breed.
I read an article in a local Auburn paper while at Tevis that last years
winning horse was sold over seas, and she fetched a 6 figure sum.
True???????? Who knows...can't always believe everything one reads. But, I
was wondering during this years ride, when I saw such a young horse getting
pushed to her limits, if that was going through the riders mind. Maybe hopes
of selling this young mare if she preformed well at the ride???????? Who
knows...just some random thoughts on my part, with nothing at all to back
them up.