Re: [RC] buddy problem(long) - SugarloafSue

Rene, I agree with the other folks.  Just let her know.  I used to have a walking buddy and she was always 1/2 stride ahead of me...so I was always puffing a bit to keep up and I know she knew it but man...there was no way she was going to slow down.  This was =her= daily exercise after all.  Finally one day on one of our walks I just stopped and said to her retreating back, "I can't walk with you anymore."  I explained why and left it up to her to either slow down a beat or go on alone.  We've never walked together since, but I do walk every morning alone...and enjoy every step.

You're not a witch.  You just need to do what's best for you and your horse and if she won't listen she's not worth getting upset over.  Give her the option to change the routine a bit and if she won't that will be HER choice, not YOURS.  As you say, the pace is upsetting your horse.  That's all the reason you need to part company.

Sue