Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.0509 - RISTREE

Riders all gathered around a campfire at night
> and socialized.

Being relative newbies to distance riding (during the last ten years), we hear stories about the "good ol' days" and mourn the fact that there is so little socializing after a ride.  Usually we gather with a small group of friends, share a beer, maybe a meal, and swap ride stories.  It is, bar none, one of the BEST parts of the ride.

We're running the Allegany Shut Up and Ride (NY) this year, the first time for what we hope will be an annual event.  We're planning to have a post ride campfire and awards ceremony, and I'm hoping to talk a family friend into bringing his guitar and singing some of his side-splittingly funny folk songs.   There are no facilities at this ride camp, but we could order some pizzas or have a weenie roast and s'mores.

So tell me, if we arrange this, will anyone stick around until Sunday morning and join in on the fun?  I hope so, and if not, it will be a bunch of tired volunteers and our usual cronies hanging around laughing around that campfire!

--Patti Stedman