Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 11:08 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] High headedness and arabs and martingales

PLEASE, if you are going to use a martingale on your horse (I prefer German) work with him on the ground first!  I have had much success using side lines and a bitting rig.  Yes, the horse may go over backwards or back up, and most of them will test it one way or another, but it is best that you are OFF when this happens!  Usually they test it once or twice and never again.

Louise Burton

Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians

http://pages.prodigy.net/firedancefarms