Re: [RC] howard and BC - Maggie Mieske

<a good ride can be had, but a lot of good rides takes care, skill, good sense and luck.>

Good point, Pat.  I have spent 4 years bringing Malik to where he is at now.  We won lots of BCs in LD but it wasn't until last fall that we won our first BC on a 50...proudest moment of my life.  But it took me a long time to get there and I'm still learning how my horse ticks on any given day.  Now I gotta learn all over again as I figure him out for 100 milers this year!!  My goal is a lot of good rides and if I can earn some BCs along the way, then YES, there is a Santa Claus!  :)  Actually, not trying to be funny but to be honest, I have to admit that Nelson is my Santa Claus as he helps me strategize along the trail and keeps me up to date on what's happening with other riders.  I have seen "lucky" BCs and then I have seen a tenth place rider come in and because he did his homework with his horse and rode SMART, won BC.  :)
Maggie