[RC] howard and BC - superpat

If he won
> it...I say cheers...that is harder then winning the race. Dory

I don't know, I won BC at Limestone, a difficult, very hilly ride and I
think it was part luck and part that my mare just had her day. I was rather
inexperienced and I had no idea that we had actually finished in the top ten
until we came into camp.
We have finished several rides top ten but that BC is most elusive.

I tied for BC on my and my horse's very first ride (at Headwaters, another
rather difficult ride) on a four year old. I had just learned to ride a few
months earlier. We definitely did not know what we were doing and three
rides later on a 50 miler, my gelding came up with a  pulled suspensory.
Definitely my fault. Unfortunately, many of us learn important lessons in this game the hard way. At the expense of our wonderful horses. Hopefully we learn and do not repeat the same mistakes.
Bottom line... a good ride can be had, but a lot of good rides takes care, skill, good sense and luck.
Pat