RE: [RC] horse falls down when it sleeps - Wendy Mancini

    Some things to consider:  Does she ever lay down to sleep?  If not, maybe she hasn't learned to do that.  Does she feel that is "safe" to sleep lying down?  Thing is, if she doesn't know to lie down or doesn't feel safe enough she might just go into a sound enough sleep that at that relaxed stage, over she goes.
    If it doesn't seem that she knows to lie down then maybe putting her with other horses that do lie down will help her learn.
    I've got 4 that all take turns sleeping in the field.  It's amazing to watch.  1 or 2 lay down while the others stand nearby dozing.  If you watch long enough, you can see them go through the sleep stages.  I've even seen my Jim running in his sleep - flat out on his side all 4 legs straight out & moving.  He sleeps like a rock at home but is a little more cautious at rides.
    Anyhow, will be interesting to hear if anyone else has any ideas on this.