RE: [RC] [RC] Fw: [AERC-Members] Horse Identification - Laurie Durgin

Tattos can fade,our Tb has a half letter, still trying to figure it out. Plus they are easy to alter. Can't alter a chip/only remove it.Well,maybe my son could alter it.Laurie/Rascal/HOney/Scout

From: "Bob Morris" <bobmorris@xxxxxxxx>
To: "Dot Wiggins" <dotwgns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"ridecamp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [RC] Fw: [AERC-Members] Horse Identification
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 21:09:48 -0600

Why a chip? Every horse at every ride gets an inspection of the mouth for
capillary refill at least once. A lip tattoo as used by the Jockey Club on
TB's would be easy to check while vetting in and taking the refill. And it
is well proven usage in thousands of race horses and for many years. Why
re-invent the wheel?

I smell a sales pitch.

Bob

Bob Morris