[RC] grain at rides - GracNova

An earlier poster asked about feeding at rides pertaining to Triple Crown lite.  I also use this feed.  My horse would stay overweight just on pasture but because she is on a pasture that is 10 years old with the only maintenance being bush hogged twice a year I worry about the nutritive value of the grass.  The lite food says that it has higher levels of supplemental minerals and vitamins and that feeding more than 5 pounds a day is not recommended.  I am just beginning LSD work with this mare as she is still pretty green.  It may be that as we progress in our conditioning that she will require more feed supplementation and I would need to switch feeds.  However if she maintains condition on the lite feed and pasture would it be safe to up the lite feed during competition?
Samantha