[RC] RE:[RC] War with Iraq: A Pilots Perspective (long) - Sarah W

They protest for PEACE - no war, but yet they are
fighting with the police, their own people.  >

Just so everyone is clear... not all of the protesters
are fighting the police or being destructive.  That is
actually a very poor way to demonstrate beliefs IMO.
I am a protester of this war, one of my vehicles bears
a "no Iraq war" sticker, and I have participated in
demonstrations in my city.  And the philosophy at this
point is to be as non-destructive as possible with our
demonstrations - as I live right next to Mich. State
Un., which has housed some of the stupidest student
riots (over sports games, of all things) in the last
few years - and the area is trying to recoop from that
bad rep alone.  Adding more negative just is not in
our best interest.

The reason I protest against this war is because I do
not see justification.  The whole "war on terrorism"
is an impossible feat in itself - terrorism happens
everywhere.  Not to mention that America has had quite
a few home grown terrorists that no one ever suspected
or elliminated prior to their attacks - how do we
expect to cease terrorist activity halfway across the
globe?? Our actions have only provoked more suicide
bombers, as they see it as a chance to draw attention
to themselves.  We made them famous because we gave
them an excuse.  The next matter is going after Iraq
in the name of freedom... whose freedom are we
defending? Certainly not our own - I highly doubt that
Iraq's army had plans to invade the U.S. any time
soon.  Iraq's people never asked for us to step in.
And now that we have stepped in, we are responsible to
repair and rebuild their country - all the while our
own coutry is suffering mass unemployment, economical
hardships and stress, evironmental catastrophes,
educational shutdowns, and the thousands of farmers
facing bankruptcy because the government doesn't have
the funds to help financially.  Yet, we can justify
spending millions (that we don't have) and losing
good, young soldiers for a war created to make our
president look good? There is more than enough proof,
as nothing was found in Iraq that he claimed was there
and his little jaunt in an Air Force plane, that this
is nothing more than a publicity stunt on his own
part.

I am not voicing my opinion to start a debate or
anything of the like - just to give you an idea for
why I protest.  My thoughts and blessings go to all of
the families that have members over seas right now; it
must be nerve racking to not know what exactly is
going on or what to expect.  But, I cannot support the
efferts in the name of Mr. Bush - his decision to
invade Iraq will be paid back by my generation (I'm
only 22) and many generations to come, yet, he has the
nerve to turn face away from our own people as schools
are being shut down all over, farmers losing all they
have worked for, and families losing their house and
home due to the lack of jobs available.  Just my own
thoughts on that matter.

Sarah
Lansing, MI