[RC] award perspectives - Dot Wiggins

So you successfully finished an endurance ride.  Great.   How does the fact that your buddy who didn't finish gets to wear the same T shirt lessen your accomplishments?
Your name will be listed in ride results, you and your horse will get your mileage credits, perhaps points if that applies.  Your buddy is down there with the DNF list.  You get the glory, both of you get to try again.

As a RM I have tried to up the awards as distance goes up, but there is usually one item that everyone gets.   That small award, consolation prize, what ever, has been the key to quite a few folks not giving up, coming back to try again.
Many new riders are so tickled to be able to say "I was there".   How does that hurt the rest of the riders?

Lighten up a little.  No need to rain on their parade, doesn't hurt you a bit.