Re: [RC] [RC] Seabiscuit - Susan Young Casey

This horse raced in 89 races (won 33 of them!) and permanately retired at the age of SEVEN!  That is almost unheard of today (John Henry comes to mind but not many others).  Furthermore, not many horses today race carrying 130 pounds much less giving 15 to 30 pounds to the other competitors!

I think the turn around for Seabiscuit came when Silent Tom Smith bought the Runt on behalf of Charles Howard.  That's when Peanut came into Seabiscuit's life as well as having his knee wrapped.  His attitude got better with such treatment.

Yep...HEART has a LOT to do with it.

I can't help but believe that his overall build was why he
was so athletic and why he was able to run 80+ races.

Susan Young Casey, Princess of Pink; secretary, RRRSA
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

Do you Yahoo!?