[RC] questions about diet from a newbie - LTYearwood

      Hi everyone,

      My name is Lori. I am a relatively new rider and a VERY new endurance
prospect. I have posted here before, asking for rider friends, and forgetting
to tell you all where I ive! Well, you were all very nice and I was touched
-- I even found a totally cool woman in northern Florida who has invited me
and my 8-year-old Arabian, Vashka, to come up from my neck of the woods in
Broward County, Florida, for a month to board with her and even ride with her
in the Goethe Forest.
      I am SUPER excited.
      I remember when I first began reading all your messages on this board
and I thought: "Who in the world has time to read all these posts?"
      Well, now I'm addicted, and read them all everynight when I come home
from work, even if I come don't get home till really late.
      I just want to tell you all how totally obsessed I am with riding. I
simply can't get enough and I keep falling deeper and deeper in love with my
horse.
      Is this strange? I mean, I'm 36 and I dream about riding!
      Anyway, the next thing I want to tell you is that I am also obsesssed
with making sure Vashka gets everything he needs nutritionally and, quite
frankly, I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the information about beat pulp.
      I simply don't know where to start.
      Vashka gets fed three times a day. He gets a pro-biotic, electrolytes,
supplements, MSM and sweet feed and oats. He also gets tons of hay that is
soft and has a heavy dose of alfalfa in it. He is "out" whenever he wants, as
he has a stall with an attached paddock.
      He is staying in the back of someone's house.
      I would like -- if it is appropriate -- to add this beat pulp to his
diet. Can you guys give me a starting point? I don't think the lady whom I
board with would be up for changing his diet completely and I'm not sure I
want to, as what he is eating seems to be working quite well. But it seems
like you guys know a lot more than I do and I don't want to miss out on
something that might help my horse.
      Is beat pulp the kind of thing you can do in a partial way? I don't
even know WHERE to buy beat pulp. Or what kind.
      Vashka and I ride about 40 miles a week, a total of four or five times
a week.
I spend almost all my free time with this horse and I have time to add beat
pulp in to his food about once a day five times a week.
      Thanks you guys!

Lori