Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 9:17 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Poor Renegade

In a message dated 4/11/2003 9:04:50 AM Pacific Standard Time, sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

One thing I have solidly learned. Anytime my horse or the horses around
me start REALLY swishing their tails and anyone bucks, I don't even look
around or stop. I TAKE OFF. Get out of there and look later.

No kidding - oh brother! After getting off one day 2 years ago to see why my mare was doing this very thing, and continued to do it even after I dismounted ---- OMG - I was attacked by wasps! Apparently had disturbde a ground hive. I had bites in 7 locations, for a total of over 33 bites. I just hung on for dear life and let my mare barrel on home over about 5 miles - and I don't remember the next few hours, except a sense of excruciating pain all over my body. When I finalyl went into the urgent care, they said next time to come straight in - call 911 - just get in because I had apparently suffered a severe anaphylactic response. NEXT TIME? RIGHT!