Re: [RC] Low completion in Dubai - Heidi Smith

>I would even go so far as to generalize that FEI rides are run more strictly in every sense - including actual mileages, holds and vetting procedures, in-time/out-time, etc. etc.

I think that is likely not only valid, but typical of any sport.  Much as I love the refs at our high school football games, and admire the terrific job that they do, they are not in the same league as the guys who ref the Super Bowl, nor do they have the gadgetry to do instant replays, etc. to back up their own eyes.

Having had the experience of organizing a Pan Am even here in this country, there is a degree of precision that one can achieve with that many more people, with stewards, etc., that one just can't duplicate at the rank-and-file regular ride--the volunteers just have too much ground to cover.

Heidi