RE: [RC] Low completion in Dubai - Steph Teeter

>> but I think the pulses are more strictly and accurately monitored)

How's that, Steph?
---Frank

Opinion only, no factual basis. Most FEI rides use electronic hr monitors. Most domestic rides use watches and stethoscopes. I've never had to wait more than 60 sec for a pulse on an FEI ride. Very often at domestic rides it may be several minutes before the pulse taker gets a good reading. Very often at domestic rides it may be several minutes before a pulse-taker is even available. Most pulse-takers at FEI rides understand the pressure of the 'race' and the need for accuracy and efficiency, they are approved FEI officials, with a few courses under their belts. Most pulse-takers at domestic rides are friends, family or volunteers.

These are only generalizations. There are always exceptions, there are always differences between regions, ride managers, and volunteers.

I would even go so far as to generalize that FEI rides are run more strictly in every sense - including actual mileages, holds and vetting procedures, in-time/out-time, etc. etc.

Steph