AW: [RC] Low completion in Dubai - Hilga Höfkens

Maybe low completion can be blamed on adverse weather some times. But then maybe riders sometimes stick too hard to their plan for the day, rather than slow down and adjust plans if the weather goes crazy.

I would like to see horses being accustomed to weather like that. Even locals would not do big training rides under such conditions.

The foreign finishers (horses): 2 out of 2 from Germany (one german pull was on a local lease horse), just like in Jerez, when 6 out of 6 germans finished. There must be something that can be done under adverse conditions to help the horses finish.

I don´t feel like blaming failure to finish on outside influences or extra strict vets.

I am very happy to be able to learn from these people, meeting them all again next weekend and learn a great deal about how to care for my horse at a ride.

Only my 0.2 $, not meant to blame anybody, I would likely have been out at the first gate myself.  :-/

Happy trails

Hilga