Re: [RC] Camping on the cheap and coffee - Milinda Ellis

Lisa,

Are you talking about a "deep cycle" battery (like a marine battery) or
something different?  We are also working on a "do it yourselves" LQ in our
Sundowner.  We didn't worry about A/C because we don't have it at home,
either -- but did install oscillating fans (truck fans) at opposing corners
of the trailer neck so we could sleep in relative comfort.  That works quite
well and doesn't pull a lot of "juice".  In Texas, you'd better have
something because it may only drop into the humid 80's at night!  I think we
found those fans at Walmart and they were pretty cheap.  They've lasted
about 10 years so far...

We were also given an old travel trailer.  It's very 1970's but who cares?!
Now we have a water tank, pump, gray water tank, propane stove AND fridge,
along with those funny little fold-down beds (which is good because we
almost always have extra people tag along to rides).  I prefer NOT to cook
in the dressing room (but I have in the past and like that option).

How do you get water to your "box" (which I'm having trouble visualizing) so
you can shower?

I now have to outfit another (much smaller) gooseneck for a trip to Kentucky
the end of July and we'll want as many creature comforts as possible after
that much time on the road!!!  We need lots of CHEAP ideas as the cost of
fuel (and then stabling, etc. once we arrive at KHP) will eat us alive!
HELP!!!

Milinda Ellis
Beargrass Cleveland Bays
Jewett, Texas