[RC] Saddles - Jeannie Gillen

I have had an Orthoflex cutback endurance saddle for over 10 years..... I recently had it cut down to 23" instead of the 25" originally made....to fit my shorter backed arab...

I also had "free-swinging" stirrup leathers put on, and I am having a difficult time adjusting to them.......when I am trotting uphills in a 2 point position.....(on my longer/taller Serafix arab) my boots actually "bump" my horse's patella.....It's a difficult ride, having my legs that far back.....Anyone else doing this?  Will I ever get used to it, or am I doing something wrong?  This saddle really fits my long, tall, narrow arab well........and she's the one in shape for hills.........the saddle also fits my shorter backed Russian arab, although he's not up to the hill work yet.....