Re: Pulled

The way we teach them on the track is every time they pee we whistle to
them, same whistle every time.  Sorta like turning the water on theory:}
It works on about 80% of the horses, so when they win or place in a race
and have to go to the spit box for testing,we whistle, they hopefully pee
and we get back to the barn faster.  Of course I've had a few horses
through the years who just get stressed and whenever the urine catcher gets
near them they'll stop, but most times it works.
I don't know if the fact that we start them on the whistle training from
the minute they come as babies to be broke would make a difference either.
It may work with an older horse, it may not.

                                 Cheryl Newbanks
                ~~ ^ ^       Just In Time Ranch
~~~\   _  ~~/ /\ /       Buckeye, AZ
       ( )__     ) ' '        horsetrails@inficad.com