Re: Pulled

>My question - apparently, the horse was holding his urine and this was
>making the pulse stay high. What can riders do to "teach" their horse
>urinate?

When we had horses on the racetrack, we had a trainer who had taught his
race-horse to pee on command.  This saved him from having to hang around
the collection barn after the races.

Whenever he saw his horse start to urinate, he would start whistling.
After awhile, the horse equates the whistle with urinating.

I do this every time my horse pees.  I can just imagine Kaboot telling
the other horses, "Watch this, I can make her whistle".  When I'm at a
ride, and I notice someone else's horse urinating, I walk Kaboot over
there.  Sometimes the sound or smell seems to give him the idea.
Sometimes, all it takes is just pulling off the road onto a soft area and
whistling.  He seems to be learning the trick.  By the way, Lately he has
taken to going when I do in the woods.  Ha.  THAT'S teamwork.  :-)

Angie and Kaboot (Do you see anybody coming?)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]