Re: [RC] Very Virtual Endurance - rides2far@xxxxxxxx

Since VV is unreal, which we all know, why do we have to do the GPS
thing if we already know the miles we are doing?

My husband got me a GPS for Christmas two years ago and it sat on the counter
for a full year before John offered the first VV March Madness. That pushed me
to actually *read the book* and discover that *wonder of wonders* I could set
the numbers large enough to read them without glasses (the main reason I hadn't
bothered with carrying it!)

Through the VV rides I learned to use Google Earth. I have put all my trails on
my Google Earth set up...and I am addicted to it like some people are to video
games. I love flying over my neighborhood, zooming in on the mountains and
looking for old road beds that might be possible new trails for me. I'm trying
to figure out how to put the whole Longstreet Trail on one that others can
visit that won't just be a still shot (anybody want to show me how?)

The other day I picked up a hang glider pilot who had put down near my house, 4
miles from the local flight park and gave him a ride back. He told me he'd
always wanted to land on that field, it was so beautiful topping the ridge and
looking down on it and it was funny because I knew exactly the view he was
talking about. >g<

I like competing with everyone on training miles, but throwing in competition
makes it tougher for me. It's still motivating.

Angie McGhee (gearing up for next week!)