[RC] Reneg ade Glue-Ons‏ - Terry Banister

I agree with Karen. There is no need to go to the trouble of gluing boots on for a 1-day 50. But for multi-day rides and Tevis, it is a great idea.

Karen, did you use Vettec "Adhere" for the adhesive?

For those who may be interested, the new Vettec product called Sole Guard ("No shoes, no problem") worked for me on this Bar H 50. It is the second 50 we have completed using this product, and it has its place for barefoot horses that have good feet to begin with, or the trail has decent footing most of the day.
The application requires a thoroughly and completely dry hoof (hair dryer or heat gun), but no denatured alcohol is required. It fills the collateral groove and adds a layer of protection to the sole of the hoof. It is all you need to get through a 1-day 50, but I wouldn't trust it to stay in for a multi-day event.

Terry
"May the Horse be with You"