[RC] Epona shoes - Valerie Jaques

Truman makes an excellent point that hadn't occurred to me.  In certain environmental conditions, it's harder to keep any shoe on.  Indeed, one of the horses I have in these shoes is pretty consistently losing nails -- although not the entire shoe.  I am using these shoes in an arid environment on horses with healthy feet.  I imagine if the hoofs on these horses were in poor shape, I wouldn't have quite the same luck as I am.
Valerie