Re: [RC] SAUDI Arabia's Latifa Al Shaikh - riding posture - desertrydr1

Watch the saddle bronc and bareback riders at the rodeo.  They ride with their legs out in front of them like that because it's a very secure position.  While it may not be efficient and comfortable over 50-100 miles, it's a position some riders just seem to fall into (maybe not quite as extreme) as they get tired.  It's also the position that I tend toward when I'm riding colts, for my own safety.

jeri