[RC] Bare endurance hoof photos & a bit of info on the EMS ride (PSregion) - Kchaton

I put up a couple of photos of Pro Bono's hooves today: http://enduranceridestuff.com/blog/2009/02/working-bos-bare-hooves-improvement-time/ I did a little trimming on the bars since I had rasped the rest of the foot down and I didn't want to have any pressure points. Things are slowly getting better on Bo's feet but it will still take awhile as I think he is still a little long in the heel on a couple of feet and of course he needs to grow out some of the stress rings from being out of balance while shod. The good news is that he is sound, and his Renegades fit and work on him perfectly. I'll find out more tomorrow when we go out to mark trail for Eastern Mojave (hopefully he won't be limping on three or more legs!) :D

It snowed here today but is expected to clear up and looks like mid 60's for the first day of the ride on Saturday. I think we've had just enough precipitation here to keep the dust down and keep the sandy footing firm.

The ride this coming weekend is going to be so much fun - Annie will be fixing dinners for those coming that want them (please make reservations, of course) -- plus her sister and mom (Lavone) will be here as well. Looks like entries on this ride are also down substantially. Hopefully there will be a lot of late entries.

For those coming from Arizona please note that Nipton rode is closed and you will need to take a couple of turnoffs to get through - if you are coming that way and don't already have that info please email me and I"ll get that info to you. I'll check email one way or the other (sometimes the satellite service has been off) each day through the end of the week so nobody gets missed.

If you are planning on coming to the Eastern Mojave Scenic ride and have not yet entered please do so at: http://www.xprides.com As of last year, this ride is an XP ride and will count towards the Gold Medal award - if you complete 1,000 miles or more on the same horse at XP rides in a year you'll win Gold Medal - a nice horse blanket, jacket and all sorts of goodies. There are also silver and bronze levels too. It's all on the website so be sure to check it out now if you are working on goals for the 2009 season. :)

If you'd like meals at EMS please let us know by Thursday early as that is the day Annie is making the last Costco run to Vegas.

Karen