[RC] Death Valley Encounter 2009 - stephanie teeter

The trailer is packed, saddles-pads-tack everything sorted, cleaned and neatly hanging on hooks and racks and stacked and sorted. That should last at least 30 minutes or so after we arrive! We're leaving in the morning, caravaning with our Scottsdale AZ friends Rusty and Kevin (and Rocky and Far and Redford). We have lots of leftovers from Kevin's incredible Christmas day Beef Wellington, and Rusty made turkey soup (from Thanskgiving leftovers) and we have plenty of other goodies. I don't think we'll go hungry.
John installed our new trailer ties (the Ride 'n Tie spring tie) and hopefully our horses will adapte to them quickly :) Plus I have one horse, Batman, going w/o shoes - using the Easyboot Gloves. I feel like one of the Multiday Gang! Our other two horses (Jaziret and Sunny) are still shod. I might try pulling their shoes when we get back... the footing here in Scottsdale is so perfect for the transition from shoes to barefoot. I'm still leary of going w/o steel shoes because of the hassle of putting on and taking off boots, and losing boots, and glue on boots, and all that stuff. But it's pretty logical that keeping a hoof unshod is conducive to better health with the right management. we'll see!!

So off we go in the morning. I'm going to try to ride all 4 days on Jaziret (one day at a time!). He's 18 now, we'll be a decade team if I get a completion with him this year, and he has around 4200 miles - many of those fast FEI rides - he's been quite the horse! He still seems to love going down the trai, still sound and healthy. We'll see! John will probably trade off on our two six yr olds Sunny (half Shagya mare) and Batman (newly acquired very cool black beasty horse).

That's the plan :) If we can get on Dave's internet I'll try to post updates during the ride.

later-

Steph