Re: [RC] re: Bryce and wilderness - Sisu West Ranch

"...I'd say we need to try to persuade our legislators  to amend the Wilderness rules to allow events such as endurance rides as long as no structures are built and no permanent markers are used.,,,"

I doubt if that would be supported, at least in regards to existing wilderness.  I would like to see some sort of an intermediate designation between forest, and wilderness.  Sort of a roadless semiwilderness where certain things like endurance rides and perhaps 4-wheelers on some, limited, developed designated trails would be allowed.

There are some areas near us where existing logging roads could be connected by short sectiions  of new trail and result in great 4-wheeling loops at minimal expense while preserving the vast majority of the area for stock, endurance etc.

Ed

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875