RE: [RC] Sponsoring Junior Riders - Maryben Stover

Oh yeah, I forgot that one.  The sponsor and junior must be together at all times on the trail and entering and leaving the vet checks.  The only exception is at the finish line where the junior must be within a minute of his/her sponsor.  I always told my juniors it was their responsibility to be with me on the trail and my responsibility to be within a minute at the finish line.  They used to line up and race the last 1/4 mile or so..............mb

From: bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; vccfarms@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Sponsoring Junior Riders
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 08:06:30 -0800

The sponsor must be 21 or over. The juniors must be 16 as of Dec. 1 of the riding year to ride unsponsored. And I believe a sponsor can have more than one rider with him, as long as they ride together. A junior must not be more than 1 minute ahead of his sponsor at any time.
At least these were the rules I know of. Does anyone know if they have changed at all?  MB, you should know better than anyone else.

Barbara