[RC] ... disappoints me when I run into discourteous riders - sherman

Title: Message
You're very lucky to at least have separate trails, too bad the users don't follow the rules. We actually have to share these trails with hikers, runners, high school track teams, strollers, have even come across people pulling a wagon and a family all carrying sleeping bags and backpacks. The BIG difference is that the yield signs all along the trail are clear about hikers yielding to horses and probably 99.9% of them do, so I've never had a problem with any of my horses, even green ones. It would be nice if other users had their own trail, but I don't think that'll ever happen here. And trail usage has increased considerably in the past few years, especially since a section of trail that equestrians used to be able to use to stay away from the foot traffic on busy days, has become inaccessible due to the rerouting of the river and removal of a dam. We just have to cooperate and FOLLOW THE RULES to keep the trails safe (and open) for all users.  I have heard lots of EEEWWWWs from city kids when a horse poops or farts within their sight or hearing...(:>)

Kathy

 Cheryl wrote:

There is park here close to me..  they have horse trails.. and they also have designated hiking trails that are flat and well patted down for walking, etc..  what do we constantly see???!!  what??  bikers, yuppies running those strange little running baby carriers, joggers, walkers, high school track teams, loose dogs carry bones..  no, that really happened.. what do you think my horse did??  DOG CARRYING A BONE!!!!  Lucky it wasn't hers!!  LOL!!

I don't understand when "you, as a walker, or whatever" have a designated trail right next to the horse trail.. why do you choose to do whatever on the horse trail.. then OF COURSE WHEN YOU SEE A FREAKING RIDER ON A HORSE.. choose to complain about shoes, with nails that you freaking stubbed your toe on..  yadda yadda..

DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE RUNNING THROUGH HORSE PADDIES????  Why are you on my trail?? and why are you complaining to me??  YOU FREAK??

I usually have a nice retort.. as do most of my friends..

but you can't stop people from having road rage, you can't stop them from being stupid..  you can explain it to them, but you can't understand it for them..

I feel you..