[RC] Vehicle safety Kat's driving - victoria thompson

After I cleaned up the coffee I spewed all over the computer screen while reading this I decided I simply could not let this pass without
comment.

**Tori said: Seriously though, as much as I enjoy driving my SLK I'll take my truck as first choice to drive anywhere. just for the safety factor. Everything else be damned.
Tori has always told me that the reason she doesn't want me to drive when I have my car is that it doesn't have air conditioning (another "economy" feature of it), and here I find out it is because she doesn't feel safe it it,...**

True as rain Kat. I'd rather do all the driving (ask Lynne about Montana) than sit in a car in LA without air conditioning. Driving with a window open is not an option as road dust is one of my biggest asthma triggers and I won't purposely give myself an asthma attack just for the privilege of being driven around in your car, even IF you promised to drive it like you do your truck on dirt roads!

**It's only when Tori goes on a ride along with me off-roading (more accurately dirt roading) in my truck that she has to hold on for dear life.**

Kat's dirt road driving could easily qualify as a Disneyland E-ticket ride. You should have seen the size of the bruise I had on my side from the seat belt. It only took one good bump to get me to take it off, but the damage was done. I may have been holding on for dear life, but man was that fun! What a rush. Wahoo! Definitely recommend riding with Kat on a dirt road - just don't have any open beverages when you do it.

**It took us half the time to negotiate the Main Divide when I was driving MY truck than the time Tori was driving her truck. We were still going faster when I was driving than when she drove even after we hooked the porta potty on a trailer to the back of the my truck. After all, by then we were coming DOWN.**

True, true, true. I was driving my brand new truck on an unfamiliar dirt mountain road. I was being conservative (I also made Kat change the flat tire I got too). However, by the end of Main Divide I was fairly flying down the road Kat just wasn't with me. I do have to add a bit of info here, yes we were flying down the mountain with portapotty in tow (the toilet paper was waving like a flag out the back), but Kat was using her brakes a lot. I have the distinct pleasure in telling you all that I had to tell her when driving a 4x4 in 4-low you put your truck in 1st gear not D. Her comment was ... "Oh" ... needless to say after she put her truck in 1st gear and truly found out what 4-low really means she put it back in drive and continued to fly down the mountain. I believe our conversation ran towards what would happen if the portapotty tipped over and wondering if the bucket that had been placed in the glory hole was still in its spot doing its intended job. Since there would have been no way in God's green Earth that I would have helped pick up a tipped over portapotty, I believe we decided that we'd just unhook the trailer and leave it behind. We got off the mountain all safe and erect, but neither of us opened the door to retrieve the bucket.

Tori
PS.  Kat isn't as smart as some of you think ;-)