RE: [RC] re: trailer towing - Terry Banister

The B's are manufactured in Europe (Denmark?), and shipped to Texas in pieces. They are assembled in Texas, and since they are modular, doors, roofs, fenders, etc. can be replaced from the Texas plant.
My friend just bought one, and she is pulling it with her Volvo station wagon (so she did not have to buy a trailer and truck). She got last year's model on a closeout price (about $15,000) plus tax, shipping, etc. I heard new American aluminum trailers aren't much less. Reliable trucks cost good money.
The difference, as I pointed out, is that the towing capacity is more versatile with a B, and they are virtually maintenance free. The frame is galvanized steel, which does not rust. The sides are a bulletproof (literally) composite material that never needs painting, and the roof is fiberglass, which is replaceable. I have never had to do any brake maintenance in 8 years I have had it.
Note: Used B's are rare, but if you ever find one older than 1995, be aware that they were made of wood, and could have dryrot. The new ones should last a lifetime, and since I have had mine 8 years and I am now 60, I am hoping to sell it for a good price when I am done with it.
How many trailers and paint jobs do you want to have in a lifetime, and how you like driving trucks is personal. I don't, but some people do.

Terry
"May the Horse be with You"

Terry
"May the Horse be with You"