Re: [RC] Equestrian culture may be fading into the sunset-California - Carla Richardson

I've been pulling 2 horse bp trailers around for many, many years, with no trailer brakes, using a Ford Bronco (not a good tow vehicle, but it was all I had) or a F-150 truck.  I drive slower than most, and I've never had a wreck (Major Knock on Wood here), I slow down in anticipation of trouble.  It takes me longer to get to rides, but I get there.  Last year I hauled to California, southern New Mexico, southern Arizona, Wyoming, and Utah, mostly in my Ford Bronco, and then later in my F-150.

That's the key, you can't drive too fast for conditions, or for your trailer, or your tow vehicle, regardless of what it is -- even a semi tractor trailer can lose control if driven too fast.  Even a 1 ton truck pulling a gooseneck can lose control and jackknife, if driven too fast for conditions.

Carla Richardson
Colorado