Re: [RC] Equestrian culture may be fading into the sunset-California - Chrystal Woodhouse

Wow, everyone in CA seems to be in a bad mood these days, maybe you need some snow???:-) Although I prefer NOT to brake for the idiots in front of me, I will if I have to make sure that I do not hit them, in a highway situation my truck and trailer are going to kill whoever we hit, and although I looove my ponies I refuse to consider them more important than someone's child/father/mother/wife/husband.Personally I find going slow, taking it easy and driving at night ( way less people on the road) are the best defense against idiot drivers.:-)
Chrystal

And what exactly is that gene called that makes people who are a mile behind me see a horse trailer and panic about getting stuck behind it on a one lane hwy so rush madly to catch up and pass in a no passing zone?????? :-) ;-) Even though I am going the speed limit and after all that rushing they now sit 2 metres in front of me for the next hour.:-)  :-0  !!

"D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson" <cest.mon.virage@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

27/01/2009 11:25 AM

Sandy Adams <sandydsa@xxxxxxx>
cc
CTH <seamstob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Carla Richardson <richardson.carla@xxxxxxxxx>, marybenstover <merryben@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ridecamp <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Re: [RC] Equestrian culture may be fading into the sunset-California

Sandy,

I have zero tolerance for the lack of knowing the mechanics of breaking time.  I am going to have a magnetic sign for my truck and trailer.  "I don't break for idiots!"  "Pull in front of me and you die!"  Something to that affect.  I refuse to break for cars that pull in front of me.  I will not risk the safety and legs of my horses because some idiot is oblivous to the mechanics of length vs breaking time.  Personally I'd like to see this as part of the driving test in CA.  It amazes me how 'defense' I drive now as a result of having pulled horse trailers around for years.  Even when the trailer is not hooked up I drive as though it is.

--
D'Arcy L. Demianoff-Thompson

cest.mon.virage@xxxxxxxxx

"Go Ball State University Cardinals"