[RC] waist packs, wrapping, advertising - Darolyn Butler

Hi Group,
The Ultimate waist packs are just about all I will use.  Normally the smaller two bottle one is my favorite.  I find if I pull them really snug, they double as a back support & after 30,000 miles that's a plus.  I used a single bottle one for a high level ride a couple of months back (saving those ounces lol) & my back seemed a lot more achey after not having my usual one on.  Oh... be sure & get the water bottels with the ring handle... makes pulling them out at a gallop much easier.  You can order them from zombie.com.

WRAPPING:  I wrapped & poulticed religiously for years & years... then when we started hauling more than 3 horses to a race, I started jut wrapping the "favorites"... then I noticed, the 'wrapped" ones were no more/less stocked than the "unwrapped"... Movement is the main thing that will keep them from stocking.  Then when I went "barefooted" in 2000, I seldom had any stocking at all.  All that natural circulation is more encouraged on a barefoot horse.... and the most I will do now is smooth a little poultice on a horses legs after a hard ride, but I don't wrap at all.

Hauling/Wrapping:  stopped doing that a long time ago too.  I even haul as many as 10 horses together (without dividers) in one trailer.... I've had only one or two scraps & maybe one kick in all these years... now I have had them bite one another... those guys get double tied... bad boys!!!

ADVERTISING: I still am selling all of the Farnam training videos, including Endurance Riding, Deb Bennet's Secrets of Conformation, and many of the Championship events from years ago.  Please go to my website for a full listing.  www.horseridingfun.com

KM: Also... don't forget that incredible fabulous human electrolyte, KM.... It's the only thing that gets a bunch of folks thru a 100 miler... and some thru a 50 miler.  It's also mentioned on the web site.

HORSES & TRAINING:  Always have a bunch of nice horses ready to go.  Come try one or two out!!

Hope everyone had a great year and have a super Christmas!!!

Darolyn Butler

Cypress Trails & Horseman Video Showcase

21415 Cypresswood Dr.

Humble, TX  77338-1287

(281)446-7232    FAX(281)446-0113

E-mail:  darolyn@xxxxxxxxxx