[RC] wrapping legs - Anna Wolfe

I tend to wrap, because otherwise my horses tend to stock up a bit, and the wraps keep that from developing.  Of course that all disappears once they are home and out in the field.  I usually don’t wrap at their first ride to see if this will happen, but my brother and sister pair seem to stock up and benefit from the wrap.  I take the bandages off to trailer home.  Jeannie Waldron has suggested the wrapping, along with blankets, to keep the horse warm after his hard exercise.  I use liniment after a 100 or at the end of a multiday, usually Absorbine.  I don’t during a multi-day – just dry wraps – for I don’t believe it is legal.  Before the new rules it was quite confusing because Absorbine was listed as legal, but menthol, one of its main ingredients, was illegal!  So I just don’t use it until I am all done.

Anna Wolfe

Des Moines, NM